Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Creative Space...




Today I was meant to be helping in the prep room at school but my youngest is unwell so we will be spending the day at home. I have a long list of creative things that I would like to do today or sometime soon....sew another pair pj pants for the oldest, sew cushion covers for a friends set of chairs for their holiday house, make two belated birthday presents and sew a writing wrap for my 7 year old daughter who has been waiting patiently for one since March!...If I do get the chance to even start anything creative today will be a huge achievement...with a two year old sick!! So I thought I would share with you something creative I did in June. Above is a picture of my 7year old daughter in a dress I made for her to wear to the school disco (last term), as 'Ginger Spice'. Some of her friends were going as the Spice Girls and they asked her to join in.I had everything I needed to sew the dress in my stash. A friend lent us the wig. I used a dress pattern that I have sewn often and used an iron-on adhesive (heatnbond) for the white and red . The best part was that it was not time consuming and not expensive to make. yay. Hope that you are all having a great day and get to do something creative.

10 comments:

  1. That's a great outfit! I hope your little one is better very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great and it is great knowing that you made it yourself...thanks for visiting "My Creative Space".

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant costume! She looks fabulous.

    My youngest is sick today too... very very clingy. Probably won't get much done at all until the sun goes down. Not to worry. Hope your bub is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely brillianT!!
    hope little one is ok soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your sweetie is sick, it's a shocking time of year of illness isn't it? Love the Spice Girl outfit. Are they back in again? Seems like only yesterday that I took my eldest to see the movie. Funny! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be hard finding creative time, hope your littlie is feeling better and that you got a bit of time to yourself. Thanks for visiting my blog today and for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you get past the sickness, your miss 7 looks fab, great job on the costume

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss 7 looks gorgeous and hope Miss 2 is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Spice girl outfit - even more special that you made it yourself. Hope your little one is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. Hope your little one is feeling better. I have a sickie here too.

    ReplyDelete